Icon of the Saviour. 19th c. Russian
It’s hard to believe that Damascene Gallery was just launched last August, slightly less than four months ago. When we launched last August, we were not sure what the response would be but we hoped that God would bless our humble endeavor and we set down several “guiding principles” for operation to ensure that our focus would always be on inspiring the faithful to turn their gaze heavenward instead of getting caught up in the pursuit of profits. Some of those guiding principles include the following:
- Offer the highest quality products possible at affordable prices.
- Offer a Customer Service experience that is unrivalled.
- Never forget that, “Unless the Lord builds the house, in vain do they labor that build it” Ps. 127:1.
Suffice it to say, our first four months have absolutely flown by, and interest in our products is at an all-time-high. We are grateful to the Saviour for His mercy and to our customers for making this possible and we wish to renew our pledge to never be content with the way things are: we will always press forward to achieve even higher quality and a superior customer experience. In that context, we are very happy to announce the following updates that will be going into effect in the coming weeks:
Storefront / Website
- A major website overhaul will be completed on both the homepage and the storefront to make the integration more seamless and the flow of our site more elegant
- Many new features will be added including: (a) the ability to request custom quotations for large format icons (b) the ability to make “offers” on our antique/painted icons (c) full pages detailing the biographies and work of our partner iconographers, and much more
High Quality Mounted Icons
- >200 additional high resolution images will be added to our database within the next week
- Many icons from our partner iconographers, including Priest Paul Akmolin and Dcn. Paul Drozdowski, will be added as well
- We are launching our “Church-Size” icon business featuring most of our images in sizes up to 5 feet in the vertical dimension
- Several full iconostasis sets will be offered in the coming weeks, including multiple full festal icon sets, first-tier icon sets, Apostle’s Row sets along with many other “iconostasis” images and ornaments
- We have acquired our own large format printer to further reduce lead times and errors
- Scanning continues and our collection is growing by leaps and bounds
Gold Leafing and Kiots
- We are already offering the ability to add gold leafing to many of our canvas icons via customized quotation and this feature is coming to the storefront as a configurable option
- We are working with our partners and will be providing beautiful handmade kiots for any of our icons with quotations provided before work begins
- BY POPULAR DEMAND – We will be adding the option to add wall-mounting hardware to any of our icons to facilitate hanging
- In early 2011, we will be launching our “full iconostasis” project, which will be a full-service iconostasis solution tailored to your Church
- Our large format icons can be customized to your desired layout
Antique and New Hand-Painted Icons
- Up to 80 antique and newly hand-painted icons will be available in our online inventory by the end of the first week of January
- We are now accepting “offers” on antique and new hand-painted icons, which can still be purchased through our secure website
Brass and Metalwork Icons
- Numerous beautiful brass and metalwork pieces including enameled crosses will be added to our online inventory in early January
Wholesale Pricing for Resellers
- We have now worked out all of the details as regards wholesale pricing for resellers and are pleased to offer this pricing advantage to parish bookstores and other resellers
We are very excited about the upcoming changes and ask you to continue to support us as we endeavor to provide beautiful Orthodox Icons to the faithful.
Thank you for your support!
Priest Jonah Campbell
Co-founder, Damascene Gallery